Some handy tips when packing & storing
How to securely store your valuables
Before you start storing please visit our BOX SHOP where you will find everything you need for your packing.
- Always use a separator when packing plates (paper and bubble plastic works best)
- Use newspapers for cups glasses or any fragile containers to help support them during transportation.
- Bubble-wrap any and all highly polished furniture to protect from scratching and dents.
- Books should be packed in smaller boxes due their weight (easy to carry)
- Leave fridges and freezers slightly open once inside storage unit.
- Put a plastic liner in boxes with textiles in them. (helps with dust)
- Ensure all fabrics are clean and dust free prior to packing.
- Where possible use environmentally friendly insect repellents on fabrics. (cedar wood chips)
- Allow enough space between boxes for good ventilation and ease of access later.
- Regularly inspect stored goods for insect activity and or rodents. (we don’t have a problem)
- Before storing your goods please inspect your unit and report any deficiencies to our Operations Manager who will gladly assist to fix & keep you happy.
- Let your paintings or framed pictures stand on double layers of bubble plastic or similar to protect your frames from direct contact with concrete floor.
- To be well organized and save your frustrations, please mark your boxes with No’s on two adjacent sides and compile a detailed list of each box content. Ideally you will store this info on your PC.
Comment on Fire protection
You can be sure that Cedar Storage facility has enough Fire protection on site and that your unit is not open to your neighbours. We do not have wire mesh walls or timber boards divisions, therefore at Cedar Storage the solid brick walls will protect your goods from "next door" fire. This means that you do not need to make any special precaution to protect your goods from fire hazard and your goods are perfectly safe.