Whether you’re eager to store your canoes, jet skis, boats, pool toys and watersport equipment or dreading the perpetual season-appropriate clothes storage cycle. It’s all a fact of life.
What about the holidays? Adding decor is always nice. However, you can end up accumulating more and more seasonal decor over time. You just don’t want to let go of memorabilia either if you’re like us.
Seasonal items are ideal for self-storage because of this. Give them the space that they can breathe in. Instead of being crammed into your garage, which is already probably overflowing with equipment.
Items like patio furniture can be stored for the winter to ease the transition from summer to winter. This is the time to prepare your recreational equipment or winterize items like boats, caravans, motorcycles, and jet skis for storage. Items you might store during the winter can include:
- Beach toys & gear
- Boats & jet skis
- Canoes, kayaks, paddleboards, & surfboards
- Gardening equipment
- Inner tubes
- Outdoor furniture & decorations
- Pool maintenance equipment
- Sprinklers & hoses
- Summer clothing
- Waterskis & wakeboards
Features to Consider for Winter Storage
- Climate-Controlled Storage: If you live in an area that experiences extreme temperature changes throughout the year, climate-controlled storage is a great way to protect your belongings.
- Drive-Up Access: For storing smaller watercraft or heavier items, drive-up access storage allows you to drive up to the storage unit for easy loading and unloading.
- Outdoor Vehicle Storage: Outdoor vehicle storage is an option for any boats or jet skis that need to be stored once it gets colder.
As the weather warms and everything begins to thaw, it’s time to replace your winter gear and holiday decorations. Whether or not you participate in yearly spring cleaning, it’s important to set up a spring storage plan. Items you might consider storing in the spring include:
- Bulky coats
- Hats & scarves
- Winter decor
- Pool Covers
Features to Consider for Summer Storage
- Climate-Controlled Storage: Renting climate control with air-cooled storage and dehumidified storage can help prevent items from heat damage.
- Vehicle Storage: Do you have a boat, camper, jet ski, or other recreational vehicles?
Looking for a place to rent seasonal self-storage? Cedar Storage has a Storage Unit for your belongings!