As we continue to monitor the ongoing developments related to COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus), our priorities are the safety of our employees, suppliers and clients, and the continuity of our business operations.
We are writing to share specific steps we’ve taken to help mitigate the risk of COVID-19 across our business.
We have set up a Business Continuity Task team to ensure that we can continue to service our clients.
School Closure Interruption
The aforementioned comes as a surprise to employees that have school going children below the age of 18 that will now have to be accommodated during the extended school holiday. We have decided to reasonably accommodate employees by allowing them to bring their children to work on days that they are rostered to be at work. On that note, please be advised that the Company will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, death or injury of any child whilst on Company premises at any given time during this temporary arrangement.
Keeping Employees and Clients Safe
We are approaching COVID-19 outbreak with extreme caution to ensure the health and safety of our employees and clients.
We are also following guidance from the World Health Organisation (WHO) and relevant governmental health organizations by implementing their relevant precautionary and hygiene measures within all our operating environments.
- We have ceased all international employee business travel.We have ceased all domestic employee business travel and have strongly advised against personal employee domestic travel.
- We have also mandated a 14-day self-quarantine/remote work requirement for any employee who has travelled overseas.
- We regularly monitor conditions on the ground and are able to escalate to mandatory working remotely.
- We have cancelled all events for the foreseeable future and are abiding by the rule of no more than 100 persons at any social gathering or event.
- We are closely monitoring client events that have been scheduled and are making decisions regarding events with an eye toward maximum caution and vigilance.
- We are closely coordinating with our suppliers (whether in affected areas or otherwise) and internal business units to ensure continuity of supply.
- Hand sanitizers have been implemented at reception and throughout the building for both client and employee use.
- Anti-bacterial sprays are present in all offices.
- Our employees have been requested to avoid hand-shakes, as hands carry a lot of germs.
Social distancing is being practiced in all offices and details of such is also present on notices in reception in order for clients to do the same.
For comprehensive information regarding protocols and more, please refer to the WHO website and to the South African Health Department website. For more information on current moderate to high-risk areas, refer to the WHO website for the latest situation reports.
The Department of Health has set up a WhatsApp service where you will always receive confirmed up to date information and you will find all the answers to your questions on this forum. Please note that this is not a group and you will only see the information that you request.
Simply add this number 060 012 3456 as a WhatsApp contact and type Hi in the message block – and you will receive a menu from which you can then select the information that you require.
The above steps all help promote a safe environment for our employees, suppliers and clients.
The spread of COVID-19 can be controlled by each and every one of us by acting responsibly and following the guidelines as provided by WHO.
Thank you for your kind attention.
Cedar Storage Management