Good day from a warm and balmy Cedar Storage. Just a little storage update for all those who store with us. Firstly, thank you for your loyalty and best wishes.
I was testing temperatures in the units today and I am very happy to say that so far we have not exceeded our maximum of 30deg Centigrade inside and the outside temp was 35deg. I just thought that people storing wooden furniture or any item which can be adversely affected by extreme heat, if you would like to know, it is not happening here. The actual readings range from 25 to 27.5deg C inside the units.
This is just one of the many reasons why steel self-storage units are not best suited to South African weather conditions. We range from hot wet weather to the driest cold weather in the course of a year. Even on the Highveld weather can change from 32deg dry weather to 32deg wet weather in one day or -2deg cold and dry to 5deg cold and raining in just one day. For this reason we have built in clay stock bricks. Our design also allows for excess moisture and heat to escape from the units. Storage talk is now done.
Some simple truisms we all know and seldom follow.
- Think before you speak.
- If it doesn’t feel rite don’t do it.
- Stop worrying about what could have been and focus on what you want.
- Nobody cares how many mistakes you make, so long as you learn from them and accept responsibility for each and every one.
- It’s not “there” fault you are here today, you decided to be here.
- Do your best to make 10 good decisions every day.
- If you want what they have, be prepared to pay the same price.
- Nobody has a perfect life, they just make less mistakes.
- Be happy for what you have and enjoy it.
- Friendship cannot be bought.
- Don’t spend more than you earn.
- Granny Jean would say be the best you, you can be.
In-fact all these truisms come from my mentors Granny, Grandad and books like The Road Less Traveled and The Secrete. Take what you need with you and the rest will become fun.
My wish for you all is to do what you love, love truly and have fun doing it.
All the best Anthony.